INTERWASTE R&D EA TRUST undertakes activities under umbrella of Urban Environmental Engineering & Management Applications and does:
Provide a quality-assured, secure destruction and brand protection service, for the management of waste, and specifically for the promotion of education/facilities, research/ facilities, and training in the fields applicable to municipal solid waste/waste water and WASH sectors, to promote and add value to solid waste /waste water and WASH management by applying advanced technologies in African Countries ; award bursaries/ scholarships to individuals undertaking relevant courses; and host training nationally and regionally to raise awareness and develop skills; and advise Universities to focus on international standards in their undergraduate/postgraduate teaching and knowledge Delivery for future generation and will also in addition have the following objectives:-
- To help in capacity building among institutions, training waste engineers and managers on technical , environmental, social and energy issues of solid waste/wastewater and WASH management, eradicate poverty and create employment.
- To develop educational materials /facilities for solid waste/wastewater and WASH management courses in national universities in Africa.
- To protect the environment, and the health and safety of people and communities, by preventing or managing the adverse effects of hazardous substances and new organisms’ derived from waste.
- To minimize potentially acute, long term, or accumulative environmental or human health impacts
- To provide standard guidelines for the disposal of human and animal health care waste, including generators, waste transporters and waste disposal facilities.
- To guarantee the safe management of healthcare waste and ensure the protection of community and environmental health to the standards addressing dioxins and other toxics, ambient air quality, and the control of greenhouse gases at landfills.
- To take full responsibility of all waste from the point of collection, in order to ensure waste is disposed of in a sensitive and appropriate manner And to further provide customers with destruction certificates, ensuring a reliable record of destruction.
- Collect and disseminate information regarding waste management, to government, local and international organizations, bodies and persons engaged in industry and commerce.
- To train and motivate urban local authorities to be involved and as well leasing landfills/dumpsites for developments and improvements.
- Advice and assist other organizations, bodies or persons pursuing objects similar or ancillary to the above objects and in particular (but without limitation) to assist such organizations, bodies or persons by way of the gift or loan of money or property or by the provision of services.
- Strengthen the capacity of community to protect the environment and manage their waste in a healthy way